. . . would you create stress or bliss? – Sadhguru
Way to bring home a point, Sadhguru, thanks.
If my mind took instructions from me today, it would do the following:
1. Hold on to grudges
2. Take on other people’s problems
3. Work to the point of exhaustion.
4. Complain that joy is for everyone else–not for me.
5. Play the soundtrack to, You Are Not Beautiful, on repeat.
6. Punish myself for not doing enough.
7. Eat a donut. Or three.
8. Reach for the stars. Other people’s stars.
9. Be afraid. Of what is and what isn’t.
I am the captain of my ship. And I have built a leaky vessel.
I cannot bail fast enough. I take on too much water, too quickly.
And every day, I complain that the levels rise. And I row.
But I do not patch the holes.
So they widen. From salt and sun and rocks I cannot see.
If my mind took instructions from me today, it could do the following:
1. Hold on to those I love.
2. Wash the worry away.
3. Walk in the company of breeze and willow and sun peeking out from clouds.
4. Refrain from angst and kvetch and toil.
5. Watch hummingbirds dip and drink.
6. Remember that “I am” is a complete sentence.
7. Dance in the rain.
8. Reach to stretch my aching bones.
9. Be at peace. With what is and what isn’t.
I am the captain of my ship. And I can build a boat that’s true.
I can build it faster and bigger than any I’ve built before.
And every day, I marvel at the blue and the wind in my hair. And I sail.
And I do not stop for doubt or pain or success.
I just ride that wave.
Wow! I love this! Thank you for sharing!
So true Tina
So beautiful! Thank you,Tina!
So true. We can choose! Good reminder for me today.